We traveled to beautiful Battle Lake Minnesota today to begin filming Liquid Assets: MN …
And I can’t tell you how great it felt to finally meet everyone and then to finally see those cameras rolling!
I continue to be amazed at the level of support and enthusiasm demonstrated by everyone involved to make this project happen: subscribers, sponsors, partner team members, TPT and now ALL the great people that continue to step up and share their stories and experiences managing MNs critical water infrastructure. This is why I love Minnesota!
Take a look at this GREAT group we had for day #1:
- TPT producer Jeff Weihe and award winning Videographer Mike Phillips who will do ANYTHING for the perfect shot!
- Ruth Hubbard and Frank Stuemke (MRWA) who showed up from nearby Elbow Lake to lend a helping hand.
- Battle Lake Public Works Director Steve Seufert, who put aside his normal duties and got our camera crew on some of Battle Lakes Infrastructure (can’t wait to see their waste-water system, we spent a good deal of time there because of how interesting it was)
On Camera Guests included:
- Battle Lake Treasurer and Clerk Wanda Berg Vorgert who talked about what it took to get Battle Lakes infrastructure back on track.
- WCI President Nancy Straw who shared how nine counties got together and assembled a model study on water and sewer infrastructure to help their region survive and thrive!
- Tony Deschane from Argyle Minnesota who gave a small town Council Member perspective on water sewer infrastrcture
- Tony Sufranski who also drove in from Argyle and gave a Maintenance Operators perspective, including how his sewer bypass pumps did NOT run after a half inch of rain. He accredited this to a recent sewer main rehabilitation!
Tomorrow we head over to the town of Brandon Mn and then to Hoffman … Can’t wait!
Stayed tuned …